Registered Nurse II Operating Room PRN Days
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
- The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
- Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
- “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
- Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
- Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
- Demonstrating effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performing and documenting accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observing and monitoring patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizing clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performing and documenting ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiating use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrating commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintaining competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
- Consistently developing an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to discharge.
- Developing, prioritizing, and documenting a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
- Demonstrating knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
- Establishing appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Providing individualized goal directed nursing care to patients in the nursing unit, utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
- 2+ years of Circulating RN experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree
- Active Florida RN license required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Must maintain current ACLS certification