Clinical Informatics Specialist Full Time Day
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Develops, implements, and maintains ongoing training program for clinical information system (Cerner and Nextgen) for physicians, their staff, and facility clinicians as needed. This will include training manuals, computer based training, and identifying and coordinating education needs.
- Demonstrates strong customer service focus for all internal and external customers.
- Collaborates with other departments as necessary to meet physician/ office staff and facility staff educational needs.
- Responds to physician/ staff application concerns as soon as possible, taking appropriates steps to resolve in a timely manner.
- Maintains working knowledge of organization activities, applications, concepts and operations procedures.
- Also communicates suggestions, criticisms and questions to Information Services Director and Clinical Informatics Director.
- Assist with pilot programs and any post implementation projects.
- Work with PACS administrator to insure remote access is readily available.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need?
- Must have knowledge and experience with Hospital Information Systems (EHR) Cerner.
- Strong computer skills including basic troubleshooting, and critical thinking
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
- Strong clinical workflow knowledge and order entry skills within a CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) environment.
- Must have knowledge and skills necessary to deliver quality educational instruction to all levels of staff in a clear and concise manner in both written and verbal contexts.
- Associates degree required in healthcare or informatics related fields.
- Required minimal of three years healthcare experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- Driver’s license required.