Certified Surgical Tech Full Time Days
Req #: 17011747
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Assists physician with the handling of instruments and the positioning of patients.
- Constantly monitors the surgical environment to assure patient and staff safety
- Performs surgical hand scrub, according to hospital policy
- Performs accurate sponge, sharps, and instrument counts.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to Clinical Manager in a timely manner.
- Adheres to the AORN and ACOG Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Manages communications, and mnemonic charge entry.
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate medical records from admission through discharge.
- Understands the Computerized Physician Order Entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information.
- Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
- Promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and personnel of this and other departments.
- Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one’s personal protection and patient safety.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Completes other tasks as assigned
What will you need?
- Associate's degree (A. A.) from an accredited School (required)
- Must hold a current certificate in BLS.
- Must hold a certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist (required).