Health Unit Coord Per Diem Night
Per Diem, Nights
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today.Qualifications
- Performs general clerical duties such as typing, filing, answering the telephone, directing visitors to appropriate rooms.
- Presents a positive attitude when greeting visitors and answering telephones while maintaining security and confidentiality for the patients.
- Answers telephones and intercom in a professional manner and take and relays messages accurately and promptly.
- Completely assembles medical record for each patient.
- Provides printed verification of physician consults to include time/date and personal information called.
- Clarifies all unclear orders with the RN/LPN.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary health care team.
- Assures accurate location of patients within the computer.
- Removes patients from the computer promptly upon discharge.
- Monitors PALS list and notifies primary Nurse of new orders and results pending, minimum of every 30 minutes.
- Provides Customer Service rounds, responds to patient requests within scope of practice (i.e.: Ice, blankets, pillows and room temperature).
- May be asked to initiate work orders.
- May be responsible for unit equipment, allocation, distribution and reconciliation.
- New patient room set-up/orientation.
- Assist licensed staff with minor transport needs.
- Serves as resource for medical and nursing staff, regarding order entry process.
- May be asked to initiate Quality Measure Consoles as indicated.
- Maintains a neat and tidy work area.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six months administrative/clerical experience required with one year previous experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Certification of completion of Health Unit Coordinator or equivalent course required.
- BLS required.