Home Health Aide Offsite PRN Days
- The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
- Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
- “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
- Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
- Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
You will be responsible for:
· Providing personal care and assistance with activities of daily living as outlines on the aide care plan. Assists the patient with personal hygiene, shaving, linen change, skin care, toileting, transfers, ambulation as directed in the care plan.
· Contacting the RN Case Manager or Clinical Coordinator for clarification and direction prior to performing patient care that is not included in the care plan.
· Observing the patient for changes and reports changes in mental or physical condition (vital signs, mental status), and pain status, reddened, blistered or broken skin to the case managing clinician or Clinical Coordinator.
· Communicating patient's rehabilitation status with other health professionals to promote continuity of care and appropriate discharge planning.
· Promoting independence in the performance of ADL's, encouraging the patient to participate in self-care, providing stand-by assistance to ensure patient safety as directed in the care plan.
· Ensuring documentation is thorough and complete and submitted in the office in a timely manner.
· Educating patients and family members regarding safety awareness, activity modification, as well as the role of the home health aide.
· Accepting responsibility and consistently meeting the minimum annual requirements for continuing education.
What will you need?
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Current Certified Nursing Assistant certificate with the State of Florida required
· At least 6 months in a caregiver role preferred
· Experience working with adult and geriatric rehabilitation cases preferred
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
· Current Florida driver's license required and current automobile insurance required