Child Care Teacher Early Learning Center Relief Evenings
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
- Maintains a positive attitude to keep customers delighted.
- Supervises, interacts and guards the safety of children at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to accept and adjust to change.
- Displays pride and professionalism in work.
- Meets in-service and continuing education requirements as per department policy by the last day of the licensing year.
- Maintains standards as outlined by Kansas Health Department licensing.
- Maintains sanitary conditions in room with children while adhering to infection prevention policies.
- Develops and implements age appropriate curriculum (lesson plans) and monthly goals to meet children’s developmental needs, accreditation criteria, and department philosophy. Plans are submitted on time.
- Provides responsive care to all children by adapting daily care giving routines and plans to the interests and needs of the individual child and the group.
- Provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth.
- Models exemplary behavior in a manner which results in productive use of time and successful accomplishment of tasks.
- Informs proper associate as changes occur to adult/child ratios to provide appropriate staffing needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work with children who have special health and/or developmental needs