Cardiac Cath Lab/EP Tech II PRN Days
Req #: 17011789
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
What you will be responsible for:
- Assist physicians performing diagnostic procedures:
- Prepping and draping the patient
- Passing instruments, guide wires, catheters, etc.
- Monitoring patient blood pressure as directed by physician
- Maintains integrity and sterility of equipment and supplies throughout the procedure
- Selects proper technical factors and positioning to demonstrate anatomy and suspected pathology
- Utilizes immobilization devices as appropriate for the safety and comfort of the patient
- Recognizes and communicates the electrocardiographic and hemodynamic changes to the physician and appropriate staff members throughout the procedure
- Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient’s condition during procedure and reports data to the appropriate person
- Performs general diagnostic procedures as necessary
- Prepares patient in a timely fashion and notifies physician promptly
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of drugs commonly used in the Special Procedures Laboratory
- Utilizes knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective patient care:
- Identifies the total needs of the patients
- Ensures proper procedure and precautions are followed
- Plans for and maintains a clean, orderly, and safe environment for the patient
- Carries out those activities delegated by the physician, which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures
- Demonstrates the ability to learn and practice new techniques and equipment utilization by attending training sessions and familiarizing self with new procedure revisions as they occur
- Documentation of patient care:
- Prepares designated forms and records pertinent information of records
- Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient’s condition during procedure and reports to the appropriate person
- Prepares patient (preps and shaves) in a timely fashion and notifies physician promptly
- Facilitates implementation of physician’s orders accurately, promptly, and courteously
- Files all patient data and films in accordance with established department system on a daily basis
- Infection control procedures:
- Assists with the cleaning of rooms
- Cares for specimens properly and handles their disposal correctly
- Adheres to approve standards of aseptic technique during a cardiac catheterization and special procedures, utilizing equipment and supplies in a safe and prudent manner
- Transportation of patients:
- Transports patients from and to his or her room and gives report to the unit nurse
- Moves, lifts, assist patients appropriately to procedures table and provides for maximum privacy during procedure
- Radiation safety:
- Uses radiation protection devices as appropriate for protection of operator and patient
- Demonstrates and practices proper protection measures to insure radiation safety to self, fellow employees, visitors and physicians
- Will maintain and control radiation badges.
- Supply management:
- Prepares and stocks procedure room and supplies and equipment necessary to perform special invasive procedures
- Prepares and verifies daily the function of equipment necessary to the department
- Returns all contaminated/soiled supplies according to procedure
- Utilizes supplies in a cost-effective manner and assures all procedural charges are completed accurately.
- Monitors vendor activity while in the department and reports any unusual occurrence to the manager/director immediately
- Performance improvement:
- Assist in collecting and documenting quality improvement data and leads all performance improvement activities
- Leadership responsibilities:
- Assist with providing for in-service training of professional personnel
- Instructs and assists staff technologist in procedure room as necessary
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to operate, problem-solve and improvise common equipment malfunctions
- Makes sound judgment in referring situations beyond his/her ability and/or scope of authority to the proper person
- Communicates effectively and frequently with team members to share information and solve problems in a positive manner as observed by manager/director
- Availability of services:
- May be required to work longer than regularly scheduled shift when situation requires
- Will be required to take on call on a regular basis including weekends
- May be required to assist in areas other than regularly assigned areas as needed
- Function in accordance with specific policies and procedures within the scope of services for all patient populations unless specified otherwise; adolescent, adult and geriatric for the Special Procedures Department and upon the order of the medical staff.
- Performs other tasks and related duties as assigned including: departmental charges; inventory
What you will need:
- Requires satisfactory completion of a formal radiological technology, surgical technology, paramedic, respiratory therapy, cardiopulmonary, or cardiovascular technology program
- Three years’ experience in an interventional laboratory or in related fields of surgical technology, paramedic, respiratory therapy, cardiopulmonary, or cardiovascular technology is required.
- BLS and ACLS certification required.
- Current FL license/certificate required (if applicable).