Registered Nurse Clinical Educator Full Time
Req #: 17011960
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Education
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Potential Referral Bonus: $5000
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Facilitates annual education needs assessment for nursing.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing professional development practice.
- Develops programs for unit or group specific, based on identified educational needs or staff/nursing leadership requests.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the target audience and the learner needs.
- Analyzes content of educational materials for best-practice or evidence-based practice.
- Identifies the general purpose and educational objectives for each learning activity as evidenced by clearly defined objectives and purpose for the learning activity (utilizes Kirkpatrick’s level of evaluation when evaluating program effectiveness).
- Identifies expected outcomes that incorporate scientific evidence and are achievable through implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Participates in and uses evidence-based research to identify strategies for improving professional development activities, nursing practice and patient outcomes
- Participates in research activities appropriate to level of education and experience.
- Identifies and collaborates with content experts to develop activities to facilitate learners’ achievement of the educational objectives.
What will you need?
- Critical thinking
- Expert clinical skills specific to training
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of technology and learner-centered teaching strategies
- Team player
- Creativity in educational design
- Role model behaviors for nurses
- Compassion at bedside and encourages while training
- Stays current with knowledge of evidence-based practice and research
- Flexibility a must in ever changing healthcare environment
- Exemplary multi-disciplinary communication skills
- Participates in policy revision and creates new policies based on latest evidence
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing with Bachelors Degree in Nursing or related specialty area
- Two Years Acute Care Experience
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Florida or Licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- Two Years education experience (Preferred)