Registered Nurse Emergency Department FT Nights
Req #: 17010279
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Potential Referral Bonus: $2500
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients. Our 149-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Join us now and transform your career!
You will be responsible for:
- Utilize the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
- Identifies and initiates patient care requirements in collaboration with triage, nursing assessment and physician order(s).
- Establish a personal rapport with patients and other persons involved in understanding the care requirements.
- Provide a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient independence by establishing patient care goals and includes education to the patient, friends, and family that will support health promotion.
- Assures quality of care by:
- adhering to patient care standards
- compliance with core measures as measured by the organization
- measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
- Adherence to care standards set forth by the state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing body/agency regulations.
- Resolves patient concerns by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ascertaining all aspects of patient care.
- Protect the health of patients, families, and employees by adhering to all infection-control policies.
- Initiates protocols and administers medication in accordance with regulations as indicated by the organization.
- Completes documentation per organizational and/or department specific policy.
- Ensure the safe and efficient use of equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and following procedures for repair.
What will you need:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Commitment to purposeful hourly rounding
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Complete arrhythmia test or course within ninety days
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification (must be maintained current)
- Current American Heart Association PALS or ENPC certification (must be maintained current)
- Current Florida state Registered Nurse licensure
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Current or completion of NIHSS stroke certification within thirty days
- Experience with computerized documentation (Preferred)
- 2 – 3 years of Emergency Department experience (Preferred)
- TNCC within one year of hire (Preferred)
- NRP within one year of hire (Preferred)
- Certified Emergency Nurse Certification (Preferred)
- BSN (Preferred)