Telemetry Tech/Monitor Tech-Various shifts
Req #: 17012149
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community since it opened in 2012. Every detail of our 83-bed facility is purposefully designed to create an environment of healing for mind, body and spirit. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care. In 2013, we also opened a 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center that includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool to help community members achieve optimal health. In August 2015, the hospital began construction on am expansion that will open in December of 2016, significantly increasing the number of inpatient beds, surgical suites, and emergency department rooms.
*Eligible for $1500 bonus with 2 year commitment upon successful completion of Telemetry training and competency test*
You will be responsible for:
- Provide telemetry services.
- Provide phlebotomy services.
- Provide patient care and assist patients with activities for daily living including documentation of services, safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher.
- Provide the services of an observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety.
- Perform general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
- Coordinate the activities of the nursing staff, the patient, the physician, other hospital departments and visitors through communication, requisitioning and management of supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and document information accurately.
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to work flexible hours, rotate call and weekends.
What will you need:
- Telemetry experience required.
- Florida State CNA, EMT, Medical Assistant; or Completion of Fundamentals of Nursing (transcript).
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required upon hire.
- One hour of Hip & Knee replacement surgery education required within 6 months of date of hire
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized Cerner documentation preferred.
- Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Completion of Tele certification preferred.