Pharmacist Part Time
Req #: 17011835
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Pharmacy
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Part Time - Every other week
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You are responsible for:
- Reviews physician orders to assure accuracy and appropriateness, and intervenes with prescribed and documents interventions as required.
- Performs renal dosing adjustments, IV to PO conversion, therapeutic interchanges and other medical staff authorized policies and procedures.
- Provides clinical consult services for parenteral nutrition, pharmacokinetics, and anticoagulation management.
- Dispenses and/or compounds medications, sterile products and chemotherapy.
- Provides drug information and education.
- Supervises the work of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy interns.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality control, security of controlled substances, disposal of hazardous waste, and USP sterile compounding standards.
What you will need:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy preferred.
- Hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
- Current FL Pharmacist license.