Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) PRN Days
Req #: 17011990
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
What you will responsible for:
The Nursing Assistant performs custodial tasks and assists with nursing duties in caring for patients, including psychiatric and rehabilitative patients. Performs direct and indirect patient care activities per established policies and procedures, observes and reports changes in patient conditions and maintains a safe and clean patient and environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Admits patient to the unit, noting on the admission sheets the baseline vital signs, weight and ambulatory function.
- Provides data collected to the LVN or RN.
- Notifies the LVN or RN of any change in patient’s condition in a timely manner.
- Shares basic input from the patient and family with the LVN/RN during formulation of the nursing care plan. 0
- Demonstrates awareness of the patient’s plan of care.
- Actively participates in the implementation of the patient’s plan of care as evidenced by completion of assigned duties that are delegated.
- Accurately performs nursing skills in accordance with physician’s orders and patient’s plan of care providing safe and effective patient care such as:
- vital signs
- back rubs
- mouth care
- collection of specimens
- intake and output
- feeding or assisting patients with meals
- treatments such as catheter care, K-pad. TED hose, enemas, restraints
- ambulation, turning and repositioning
- patient transport
- equipment use
- infection control practices including isolation procedures, care of patient belongings
- Monitors, identifies and reports changes in patient condition, patient needs, and/or response to treatment to the LVN/RN and takes appropriate nursing actions as directed by the LVN or RN.
- Responds to cases of cardiopulmonary arrest, fire, disaster or other emergencies in a professional and timely manner.
- Sets and revises priorities for direct patient care activities based on acuity/urgency of needs.
- Documents all care provided and significant information, legibly, accurately and completely. Maintains patient’s medical records in an orderly manner.
- Provides explanation to patient’s and significant others in easily understood terms and refers clinical questions to the LVN/RN.
- Reviews care given to the patient and reports response to the LVN/RN.
What you will need:
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as CNA, two (2) years for PRN roles.
- Nursing students may be hired if they have completed the second semester (Med/Surg I) with a passing grade and appropriate faculty recommendations.
- High school Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- A level of knowledge normally achieved through a four-month Nursing Assistant Course is required to work in the Skilled Nursing Facility and desirable for other nursing units.
- Texas Certified Nursing Assistant Licensure
- Working knowledge of Infection Control standards typical in the health care environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to make effective nursing judgments including crisis/emergency situations. Seeks assistance appropriately.
- Remains knowledgeable of all current nursing policies and procedures.
- Adjusts assignment willingly to meet staffing needs.
- Provides input and assistance in the training and development of employees and students.
- Works effectively with others and promotes teamwork and cooperation among individuals and departments. Displays a positive attitude.
- Manages conflict and frustration in a constructive manner. Accepts constructive criticism/s.
- Demonstrates initiative and professional growth.
- Demonstrates understanding of institutional channels of communication.