Emergency Department Patient Access Svcs Rep Part Time Friday Through Monday 3p-1130p
Part Time/ Friday Trough Monday/ 3p-1130p
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Demonstrates through behavior of Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Greets all customers (patients, guests, families, staff, physicians, vendors, etc) in a helpful and courteous manner while extending exemplary customer service. Anticipates and responds to inquiries and needs in an assertive, yet courteous manner.
- Registers Emergency service patients in a fast paced environment. Maintains knowledge of Inpatient and Outpatient Registration processes.
- Meets or exceeds accuracy standard goal determined by Patient Access Leadership. Ensures integrity of patient accounts by working RQi daily, entering accurate data, and documenting all attempts made to collect and/or obtain missing documentation.
- Meets or exceeds upfront collection standard goal to protect financial standing of Florida Hospital. Completes registration at patient’s bed side, after physician has assessed patient’s clinical needs for a thorough financial assessment, ensuring patients have been educated on Emergency Department benefits and financial responsibility to hospital, documenting all attempts accordingly. Proactively seeks assistance to improve collections. Reviews all collection reports timely, as assigned by leadership. May perform cashiering functions and other duties as required in support of the pre-established legal and financial guidelines of Florida Hospital.
- Provides timely and continual coverage of assigned work area in order to offer prompt patient service and be available for all clinical partners registration needs. Arranges scheduled relief coverage during extended time away from registration area. Meets scheduling demands, attendance requirements, and maintains schedule flexibilities required of Emergency Department. Exhibits effective time management skills by monitoring time and attendance to limit use of unauthorized overtime.
- Proactively and constantly seeks out patient accounts at bed side within assigned registration area for timely account follow up and completion, minimizing amount of turnover to next shift. Ensures patient demographics and account information is appropriate for patient account as directed by Patient Access Leadership. Uses utmost caution in patient and employee safety, such as hand washing and contact precaution guidelines as established by Florida Hospital.
- Accountable for maintaining a close working relationship with clinical partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary and Patient Access departments, aiding in meeting 100 % discharge interviewing goal set by department. Ensures all financial assessments, eligibility, and benefits memos are clear, updated and thorough to support post care financial needs.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations by verifying pertinent information to determine caller or visitor authorization level before releasing account information.
What will you need?
- Basic computer skills.
- Proficient in using multiple computer applications interchangeably.
- Communicates professionally with an acceptable use of English and spelling.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Works independently in most situations while multitasking.
- Capable of working with people of various diverse backgrounds.
- Customer service skills.
- Typing skills equal to or greater than 27 words per minute net.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Cerner, Registration screens (preferred)
- Medical Terminology (preferred)
- Successful completion of Florida Hospital Registration Training class (training will be provided post-hire, if not previously completed) (preferred).
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior Collections Experience (preferred)