Intake Admissions Coordinator Part Time Nights
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
Plans, coordinates, and documents admissions for the Behavioral Health Department inpatient units. Working with the admitting physician, ensures compliance of each potential admission with JCAHO, federal and state regulations related to admission criteria for inpatient psychiatric treatment. Performs Utilization Review for each admission as needed and ensures overall compliance with follow-up UR as appropriate.
- Assesses plans, evaluates and implements admissions for all Behavioral Health units per department specific admission criteria. Reports findings to M.D. for final disposition of each call. Reports admission data, including preliminary admission diagnosis, medication administration reconciliation data, and estimated arrival information to the Charge RN on the designated inpatient unit.
- Able to work independently to facilitate both voluntary and involuntary admissions; acquiring all appropriate consents and legal documents necessary.
- Accurately follows up on Utilization Review activities, with documentation in the appropriate format.
- Able to determine preliminary discharge planning needs and type of assistance/setting/resources necessary for the patient/family. Reports information to attending physician at the time of admission,
- Able to communicate with physician regarding patient/family needs and expectations prior to admission.
- Current North Carolina RN license required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing