EMT, Emergency Department Registration Technician Full Time Days
Req #: 17012147
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
You will be responsible for:
- Communicates with incoming patients to triage their wellness
- Assists the Emergency Room in implementing emergency care and treatment
- Documents care in the medical record
- Provides a safe and supportive environment for all patients, families and co-workers
- Assures availability of emergency equipment/pharmaceuticals
- Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of the population served
- Communicates patient care or management problems to the appropriate personnel
- Participate as a team member to fulfill the balanced scorecard objectives
What will you need?
- Computer proficiency required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of approved Paramedic training program
- One to three months’ experience required
- Current active Texas paramedic license
- Current BLS and ACLS certification