Patient Care Tech II- M/S Medical Full Time Days
Req #: 17011658
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time Days
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
What you will responsible for:
- Documentation, Monitoring, Hygiene, Procedures, Daily inventory
- Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times
- Performs basic patient care unit routines including but not limited to the following: obtain and document vital signs (temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations), pass ice water every 4 hours, keep patient rooms stocked with gloves, replace unit sharp containers per policy, keep patient rooms in a reasonably clean and appropriate condition, keep patient bedside trays within a safe reach at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in communicating and providing basic care to the patients in a caring, compassionate manner to accomplish quality patient care outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Respond to patients request and needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain a positive courteous, compassionate attitude with all Patient/Visitors/Staff and Physicians interactions/encounters.
- Inform Patient with plan of care task and activity that will be carried out.
- Maintain Patient satisfaction by providing and maintaining personal care/needs
- Assists in proper care and maintenance with the use of all unit and patient care equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge & competence in the use of restraints, the application of restraints and the required monitoring & care of the patient in restraints.What you will need:
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required.
- Current State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistant Certificate or a Patient Care Technician certificate.
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support Card.