Ultrasound Tech Part Time plus call
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
- Performs Ultrasound studies.
- Positions patients and equipment, manipulates transducers and technical factors in order to obtain images, heart rates, waveforms and other information as needed to obtain optimum images and information for diagnostic purposes.
- Notes velocities, measures structures and documents adequate clinical history as needed for accurate interpretation by Radiologist.
- Performs ultrasound Imaging procedures of abdominal, and pelvis structures, as well as OB and trans-vaginal ultrasound. Performs small parts (Thyroid, testicular), and breast imaging as well as vascular imaging, and Doppler studies. Experience with biopsies.
- Coordinates equipment service and preventative maintenance.
- Sterilize transducers as needed.
- Responsibility to adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies
- BLS required.
- Must be ARDMS certified or eligible; non-licensed staff members must complete ARDMS requirements within 12 months of employment.
- Certification in abdomen, OB/GYN and Vascular preferred.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience required as needed to work without supervision.