OR Aide/Transporter Part Time Evening Murray Medical Center
Murray Medical Center
Murray Medical Center has provided quality care to the Murray County community for more than 50 years. In that time, we have been recognized with numerous awards for excellence in patient satisfaction, employee engagement, and treatment protocols. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continue to look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
You will be responsible for:
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Observes safety precautions at all times; uses protective wear, gloves, and goggles; uses proper body mechanics.
- Follows standard precautions at all times.
- Always informs Charge RN/Nurse Manager when leaving the department.
- Ensures each surgical suite has a linen hamper and regular and hazardous waste bags.
- Wet mops surgical suites between cases and performs terminal cleaning of the OR, PACU and Anesthesia at the end of the schedule.
- Disposes of all linens, regular waste, hazardous waste and sharps containers in the appropriate waste disposal area.
- Replaces mop head after each case.
- Moves OR furniture and equipment as needed to clean. Cleans all equipment before putting back into storage.
- Performs other cleaning duties per scheduled times: Cleans all vents in the department, washes all walls in the department; scrubs and waxes all floors in the OR; high dusts the OR; defrosts freezer and cleans refrigerator.
- Maintains a log of when cleaning duties are performed.
- Ensures staff lounges are clean and neat. Empties trash as needed.
- Ensures staff and physician locker rooms are cleaned, stocked, linen and trash disposed of daily.
- Performs daily cleaning of all bathrooms in the Surgical Services Department.
- Follows all infection control practices including; hand washing, standard precautions and protective attire.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Uses and maintains cleaning and transportation equipment correctly and safely.
- Reports safety hazards to the OR Charge Nurse.
PERFORMS EVIRONMENTAL CARE RESPONSIBILITIES DAILY (AM)
- Monitors and records temperature and humidity of each surgical suite and CSR.
- Monitors and records temperature of warming cabinets and medical refrigerator/freezer.
- Ensures all warmers are stocked with blankets and fluids; monitors the warming cabinets through out the shift.
- Ensures formalin supplies are at adequate levels.
- Ensures specimen containers are stocked.
- Monitors and stocks hats, masks, bunny suits and booties in staff locker room and entrances to OR’s (x 4).
- Monitors, orders and stacks linen on the linen cart in the sub-sterile area for the day.
- Inspect and supply needed CO2, nitrogen and O2 tanks for the surgical suites.
- Always introduces self to patients and families; checks patient identification band before transporting patient to the OR.
- Before transporting patient to OR ensures patient chart and stickers are with the patient.
- Transports all patients safely on surgical gurney and that the side rails are up. Gurney brakes are applied when patient is transferred on and off the gurney.
- Transports all patients safely in wheelchairs; safety brakes used, leg and foot holders used.
- Ensures patient privacy and warmth; patients in transport are always covered with a blanket.
- Cleans and changes linen on gurney/wheelchair between patients.
- Assists Circulating RN move patient to OR table and position patient.
- Holds patients in position for anesthesia and for OR preps.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets, product labels, various reports and do basic arithmetic
- Must be able to follow oral, written assignments and have full knowledge of basic environmental duties and a basic knowledge of the SHARE program
- BCLS preferred
- High school diploma preferred
- A minimum of 6 months Environmental Services experience preferred