Nurse Tech (Long-term Acute Care 2) PRN/Nights Wkends
Req #: 17011879
Location: Land O' Lakes, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: FH Connerton LTAC
Potential Referral Bonus: $
PRN / Night
You will be responsible for:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
- Demonstrates appropriate and courteous phone etiquette.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Performs tech checks to assist nursing with hourly rounding using the AIDET technique.
- Demonstrates culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Reflects ICBEST practices as a representative of Florida Hospital Tampa.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Communicates in a timely manner with the appropriate RN as needed.
- Will assist with paper process during and after computer down time.
- Assists with updates to patient white boards.
- Greets new patients and families in timely and courteous manner on arrival.
- The Nurse Technician supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner (i.e. vital signs, intake/output).
- Assists in maintaining patient skin integrity by:
- Turning and repositioning patient according to policy.
- Notifies nurse if skin breakdown observed.
- Performs accucheks and hemocults per hospital procedure and documents.
- Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
- Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
- Empties Foley bags, JP’s, and hemovacs. Documents care and intake/output in the (EMR).
- Specimen Collection as assigned by RN and following hospital policy for patient identification.
- Takes vital signs, accurate weights, and measures intake/output and documents accurately.
- Transports patients with necessary equipment to destinations within scheduled time frames, observing correct techniques.
- Assists in positioning, lifting, and ambulating patients, using appropriate safety precautions and body mechanics.
- Answers call lights in a timely manner.
- Distributes linen supplies.
- Performs proper hand-washing techniques before, during, and after patient care at all times.
- Demonstrates safety in care of patients with restraints:
- Ensures restraints are applied properly according to FHT policy/procedure.
- Reports any patient behavioral changes to the nurse.
- Demonstrates responsibility for patient safety related to falls.
- Participates in frequent “tech checks” to decrease patient need to use call light system and increase patient safety.
- Completes all mandatory educational requirements, Completes CNA/NT self-study educational packets, attends 75% of unit staff meetings.
What will you need?
- High School education or equivalent - Required
- Completion of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant education program or Must be currently enrolled in an accredited BSN program with completion of second semester of nursing program. - Required
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license, validated by Florida Board of Nursing (unless currently enrolled in BSN program with completion of second semester). - Required
- Phlebotomy certification at first session possible following orientation. Required
- Cerner and phlebotomy experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of and ability to perform accuchecks and hemoccults.
- Knowledge of normal parameters for vital signs for age specific population
- Knowledge of and ability to obtain vital signs correctly
- Knowledge of and ability to remove peripheral IV catheters.
- Knowledge of and ability to empty foley bags, JP’s and hemovacs
- Working knowledge of and ability to use computer and perform data entry.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including weekends, nights and overtime as required.