Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit 3 North Seasonal Days
**COMPLETION BONUS OFFERED**
Seasonal RN opportunity for a period of 13-weeks. Extension of contract possible based on hospital census and needs.
- Candidates will be a part of Florida Hospital Waterman's seasonal nursing team for a temporary period of time.
- Compensation will be at $41.00/hour.
- Nurses must commit to work a minimum of (3) 12-hour shifts per week.
- After fulfillment of the seasonal commitment, a completion bonus will be paid in the amount of $1,500.
- If mutual agreement to extend beyond the initial 13-weeks, additional completion bonus will be awarded.
Seasonal / (Full-Time hours, Days) - (Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekend shifts)
You will be responsible for:
- Performing nursing assessments and data collection for patients focusing on the physiological, cultural, psychological, spiritual and cognitive status of the patient. Nursing assessments include the family or significant others as needed
- Developing and implementing a plan of care that is individualized and goal directed based on patient needs and standards of care
- Evaluating and revising the plan of care as defined by policy
- Knowledgeable of and performs technical duties and responsibilities for the registered nurse in area of assignment
- Collaborating and partnering with Medical Staff and ancillary departments to coordinate patient care
- Supervising and delegating care given by members of the health care team
- Recording care, patient condition and interventions taken in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrating effective communication skills and assisting the Nurse Manager/Director in assuring staff is well informed on corporate, departmental, and unit plans, goals, and objectives
- Demonstrating effective problem resolution skills
- Advocating and supporting patients and families to receive the care and treatment needed as identified in the plan of care
- Participating in departmental or hospital performance improvement activities
- Utilizing equipment and supplies in a safe, responsible manner
- Completing initial and annual clinical competencies assessments
- Providing patient/family education and training based on each patient’s needs and abilities
- Focused on achieving an excellent patient/family experience of care by actively participating in all initiatives and behaviors expected of Florida Hospital Waterman employees
- Attending 75% or more of department staff meetings, reading notices and emails related to hospital/department information on a regular basis
- Participating in orientation and training of co-workers and new employees
- Performing other job related duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse or Manager
What will you need?
- Experience: Seasonal positions - no less than 2 years of current experience in acute care setting, required.
- Education: BSN or MSN, or Bachelor/Masters in Healthcare related field preferred
- Registered Nurse License in State of Florida
- Basic Life Support (BLS)- (Accredited through American Heart Association), required.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)- (Accredited through American Heart Association), required.