EVS Tech PRN Day Murray Medical Center
Req #: 17012357
Location: Chatsworth, GA
Job Category: Environmental Services
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Murray Medical Center
Murray Medical Center has provided quality care to the Murray County community for more than 50 years. In that time, we have been recognized with numerous awards for excellence in patient satisfaction, employee engagement, and treatment protocols. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continue to look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures a safe, clean and well-maintained facility on a daily basis. Travels to assigned areas and responds to overhead pages and or the use of the phone.
- Daily stocks cart with paper products and cleaning solution. Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up. Procedures include but are not limited to: sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, high dusting, wall washing, scrubbing, bed making and vacuuming.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment related to cleaning. Documents all work that has been performed. Maintains appropriate level of knowledge related to sanitizing and making beds, with full concept of cleaning of the operating rooms.
- Must have full knowledge of matters of sanitation, use of disinfectants and proper operation of cleaning equipment. Participates in all emergency programs or situations as required, and performs all duties as requested.
- Reports any hazardous situations, and responds to any hazards and emergency situations. Attends all departmental in-services as scheduled, actively plans and contributes to the department activities as requested.
- Maintains age specific precautions. Cleaning carts will not be left unattended. Environmental Services closets will remain locked at all times
What you will need?
- Must be able to operate a computer using standard office software.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to read and understand Safety Data Sheets, product labels, various reports and do basic arithmetic.
- Must be able to follow oral, written assignments and have full knowledge of basic environmental duties
- Environmental services experience within a healthcare environment preferred