Office LPN Orthopedics FT Days
Florida Hospital HealthCare Partners
Florida Hospital HealthCare Partners is an employed physician group that enjoys a mutual partnership with Florida Hospital Deland, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial, Florida Hospital Flagler, Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, and Florida Hospital Oceanside, based upon the close alignment of our mission and values. If you’re interested in delivering world-class care alongside our team of highly skilled professionals, we encourage you to apply today.
You will be responsible for:
- Provides safe and effective patient care under direction of the physician and/or nurse manager.
- Escorts patients from waiting area into exam room. Documents brief history of reason for visit and obtains and records vital signs following traditional techniques.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patients presenting for care, utilizing guidelines established by Florida Hospital – East Region.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician.
- Documents and administers immunizations and therapeutic injections, as well as medications, under the supervision of the physician.
- Schedules patients for procedures, diagnostic testing or specialists, as directed by the physician.
- Assists physician with office procedures.
- Performs venipuncture and stat lab work, as ordered by the physician, during the patient visit. Prepares specimens for outside lab testing.
- Documents patient information in medical record that includes observation, care administered, results of diagnostic tests, and patient’s response, when indicated.
- Relays laboratory and x-ray results to patients, via telephone or mail, as directed by the physician. Maintains a log of diagnostic tests, ordered and received, as well as notification of patient.
- Relieves other staff members as indicated for scheduled and unscheduled breaks.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed.
What will you need?
- Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent.
- Graduation from an accredited LPN nursing program.
- Current State of Florida licensure or registration as a LPN.
- BLS/CPR certification is required.
- Six months to one year related experience required.
- Proficiency must be attained via on-the-job training, and orientation, within 3 months.