Director of Marketing FT Days
Req #: 17012190
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Marketing & Communications
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time/ Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the image and growth of Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center incorporating it into the planning and development of strategic marketing plans, community relations, and all other relevant stakeholder strategies.
- Prepares and recommends a comprehensive strategic marketing, community and business plans stating specific objectives, activities, timing and budget. Works collaboratively with leadership and service-line directors to incorporate all aspects of strategy into one document.
- Assists department heads with the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans that may be integrated into the overall system strategic plan. Including new service start-up, new physicians and other business development opportunities.
- Oversees the Human Resource functions of department, including hiring, counseling, disciplining and terminating staff following Human Resources policy. Performs timely evaluations of staff. Holds periodic staff meetings and ensures compliance with hospital policy and procedure. Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing opportunities for recognition and opportunities for learning.
- Serves as the back-up Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center/Florida Hospital Oceanside Public Information Officer and principal spokesperson. Collaborates with regional media manager for all press coverage for campuses. As required, coordinates with the regional spokesperson in times of disaster, such as hurricanes, or major accidents.
- Responsible for all communications related to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates with Regional Digital Manager for digital properties for Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center/Florida Hospital Oceanside and other related entities, including internet, intranet, and social sites.
- Participates in the activities of civic groups and other organizations whose purpose and goals might be channeled in support of the systems’ role in the community.
- Collaborates with regional government relations director to leverage all outreach efforts for the best benefit to campuses.
- Coordinates the community education programs/speakers’ bureau designed to provide information on good health practices and to promote members of HealthCare Partners and other medical staff physicians.
- Responsible for the direct-to-consumer strategy for all new physician start-ups. Collaborates with physician liaison and physician practice management teams.
- Supports region brand position and the consistent application of system printed material, including logo, letterhead, etc. for campuses. Works collaboratively with the regional creative manager to ensure all artwork reinforces the brand standards of Florida Hospital, and presents the most professional and compelling art possible for marketing efforts.
- Works directly with Regional Marketing & Planning Executive Director/team via the Marketing Council to execute CORE marketing strategies to benefit the entire Volusia/Flagler region.
- Effectively executes planning and implementation for assigned pillar in collaboration with other region marketing directors via the Marketing Council.
- Oversees development and tracking of departmental budget.
- Oversees the tracking and reporting of departmental marketing campaigns. Coordinates with Regional Digital Manager to analyze ROI for each effort and report to administration.
- Tracks volumes regularly, and understands the profitability of key service lines.
- Works in a coordinated manner with the physician liaison, physician recruiter and the sales teams of key service lines.
What will you need?
- BS or BA Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications or equivalent required. Masters preferred.
- Strong writing, organization, communication (public speaking) and computer skills are required.
- Minimum of four years of experience in the field of health care marketing is preferred.
- Four or more years’ management experience.
- Must have advertising, public relations and/or marketing experience as well as exhibit exceptional attention to detail, and possess excellent writing, proofreading and presentation skills.
- Driver’s License required.