CT Tech PRN
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
- Performs CT imaging procedures.
- Performs X-Ray and DEXA imaging procedures as needed.
- Cross-train into MRI during downtime.
- Maintains records of examinations performed.
- Performs basic patient care with scope of practice and to departmental standards.
- Where appropriate by licensure and cross training, may function as a Radiology technologist.
- Positions patients and equipment, and selects technical factors to produce procedure images and data as needed to meet radiologist standards.
- Enters patient demographic information into logs and system.
- Transports, lifts, moves and positions patients as needed to obtain images, transport patient to/from table or as otherwise needed for patient care.
- Moves and adjusts imaging equipment, including CT gantry and injector.
- Prepares and administers contrast material for CT, including administration of oral and IV contrast per radiologist instructions and exam protocols.
- Performs direct patient care duties, within scope of practice.
- Obtains and documents patient history and explains procedure.
- Performs clerical duties, including documentation of care received as well as assisting in routine department clerical needs.
- Performs equipment QC and calibrations.
- Inventories, cleans and stocks work area.
- Coordinates equipment service and preventative maintenance.
- Two years CT experience required.
- CT registry may be used as experience.
- Must be a graduate of an approved A.R.R.T. program
- Current A.R.R.T(R) registration required
- Florida license in Radiography required
- BLS required.
- Associate Degree preferred
- CT Registry preferred