Paraprofessional Infant Development Center Relief
Req #: 17012400
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Education
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Provides direct support to children under the supervision of the Early Childhood Special Educator, PT, OT, SLP to assist children to develop maximum cognitive, communication, self-help, social, motor, and sensory processing skills.
- Assists with self-care routines including diapering, feeding, toilet training, and hand washing.
- Assists classroom teachers to prepare materials and equipment, organizes the classroom and storage areas.
- Assists with maintaining and ordering of supplies.
- Substitutes for teachers and/or paraprofessionals when they are absent.
- Participates in therapy sessions and parent conferences as appropriate.
- Collaborates with director and social worker on individual child and family needs and accessing community resources.
- Trains and educates students, interns, volunteers, and patient’s family members.
- Maintains a professional team relationship with co-workers by being considerate of workloads, assisting with duties, and being supportive toward their continued growth.
- Demonstrates the initiative to learn and apply new processes and procedures by attending in-services, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading professional journals and sharing that information with team members.
- Reports any equipment or maintenance problems and safety concerns to Office Coordinator and/or Manager.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No Previous Experience is Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- HeartSaver CPR obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred
- First Aid Certification Preferred