Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluates the patient assessment pre-operatively by interviewing and examining the patient: assesses data and selects appropriate anesthetic. Formulates a patient specific plan for anesthesia care in collaboration with the MDA.
- Administers anesthetics in accordance with scientifically sound processes and protocols of practice. Effectively and efficiently provides individualized safe anesthesia of the highest quality. Implements, monitors and adjusts based on patients physiological condition
- Monitors, interprets and evaluates information derived from monitors intraoperatively on the patient of any age group and ASA status I-V and E classifications
- Performs medical non-surgical procedures, i.e. IV insertion, intubation, hemodynamic and electrolyte balance, airway management in routine and acute medical situations
- Monitors the patient’s immediate post-operative care and performs post anesthesia evaluations of the patient. Post-operative pain management modalities are implemented. Medication, fluid and ventilator support are selected to facilitate recovery from anesthesia.
- Prepares drugs: maintains anesthesia equipment to keep in safe operating condition
- Maintains accounting of controlled substances
- Provides timely, accurate and complete documentation of the peri-anesthesia care of the patient
- Utilizes resources and supplies effectively and provides accurate documentation of resources utilized and charges. Helps maintain inventory of anesthesia supplies
- Assists with positioning and transport of patient to the next level of care and provides accurate report to the next caregiver and team. This transfer of the responsibility for patient’s care to qualified providers assures continuity of care and patient safety.
- The CRNA will participate in quality improvement processes, routine and mandatory meetings and educational requirements and supports all hospital and departmental policy and procedures. Participates in additional areas of responsibility which are the expertise of the CRNA including educational processes, interfacing with other departments and participation on committees.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and educational requirements.
What will you need?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Critical Care required and at least three years of CRNA experience with proven clinical and leadership skills preferred
- Master’s degree required
- Active Florida ARNP License
- CRNA required.
- BLS, ACLS and PALS required
- Computer proficiency required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills