Physician Assistant (PA) Cardiovascular Surgery PRN Days
Req #: 16006876
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
PRN / Per Diem, Days (40 hours)
The Physician Assistant provides the clinical management of the cardiac surgical patient. Including pre and post-operative care under the direction of the supervising cardiac physicians. The PA has the responsibility for assessment and management of cardiac patients including diagnostic and therapeutic intervention, day to day implementation and evaluation of the appropriate plan of care. The PA assists the surgeon with invasive procedures at the bedside and in the operating room. The PA works in collaboration with the medical, nursing and support services to provide patient and family focused care.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Utilizes his/her knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective patient care and teaching.
- Monitoring and transport of the patient to ICU/PACU as needed.
- Participates in hospital/community functions.
- Maintains working knowledge of JC/CMS/AHCA and Core Measures.
- Consistently complies with documentation standards and core measure requirements.
- Participates in STS data collection and long term surgical outcome data interpretation and implementation to improve metrics.
- Works in the OR as a first assist as needed and participates in call rotation.
- Collaborates with physicians and leadership to decrease LOS and ensure proper utilization.
- Collaborates with physicians and leadership to ensure excellent quality and compassionate care is provided.
- Abides by medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and hospital policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits ICARE values and loving care in all interpersonal contacts. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with customers and populations served, including:
- The public
- Medical staff
- External business associates
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; maintains required level of confidentiality; interacts effectively with employees at all levels.
- Conforms to all Adventist Health System and Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- Mission/Vision/Values and Philosophy
- Customer Service Pledge
- Corporate Compliance
- Rules of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
- No Smoking
- Dress Code
- Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
- Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required including but not limited to: department Huddles, annual education, safety training, Town Halls, etc. Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, disaster procedure regulations and National Patient Safety Goals as presented in orientation, outlined in safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
- Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
- Embracing and demonstrating a commitment to Sacred Work
- Appropriate use of resources
- Providing assistance to team members
- Accepting work or schedule assignments
- Participating in process and performance improvement as required
- Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
What will you need?
- Florida Physician Assistant license required in addition to certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants required
- Graduate of AMA approved Physician Assistant Program required
- Graduate of a college level Bachelor’s Degree required
- Cardiovascular surgery experience preferred
- Endovascular vein harvesting preferred
- One year of Physician Assistant experience in Cardiac Surgery preferred
- ACLS/BLS certification required
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent communication