Social Worker MSW Home Health PRN Days
Req #: 17012195
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Park Ridge Health
Park Ridge Health
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
What you will responsible for:
- Implement and coordinate those social services which are necessary to reach individual patient care plan goals, according to department policy, procedures, and guidelines.
- Utilize community agencies and alternative resources to assist patients and their families in resolving unmet health care needs, financial and environmental difficulties.
- Provide regulatory supervision for social work assistant (BSW) if/as required.
- Assist the physician and other members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to the patient’s state of health.
- Conduct home visits to evaluate patient needs and implement a plan of social service assistance, maximizing patient care plan goals and providing for continuing management of needs within the home or seeking alternative arrangements.
- Counsel the patient and caregiver/family members to develop attitudes and behaviors supportive of maximum health practices.
- Provide education and resource linkage to community services/agencies, upon request.
- Report pertinent observations to attending physician, Case Manager or Patient Care Supervisor.
What you will need:
- Master’s degree in Social Work required.
- Minimum of one year experience in the health field required
- Home Health experience preferred.
- If providing clinical social work in addition to non-clinical MSW services, must be licensed in State of North Carolina.