Dietary Aide II PRN Days Gordon Hospital
Req #: 17012605
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritional Services Director, assists in the preparation, set up and serving of meals. Operates cash register, cleans work areas and maintains safety standards. May be assigned to any of the following areas: salad preparation, and sanitation. Must have ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions; must have basic math skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up tray line at each meal in a timely manner, and keeps all food and supplies restocked when required.
- Sets up cash drawer and operates cash register as needed.
- Prepares all salad bar items, keeping all foods rotated and in sanitized containers.
- Maintains sanitation of all areas, including floors, of the cafeteria and dining room.
- Maintains correct safety procedures, e.g. use of wet floor signs.
- Night shift is responsible for helping other staff with closing the kitchen.
- Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of patrons served: Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
- Train new employees on the cash register and Diet Office computer.
- Processes Daily Nourishment Request and deliver supplies to the proper floor.
- Prepares and write patient meal ticks and update cardex each meal.
- Answers telephone, takes messages and relays information as needed.
- Deliver and pickup patient select menu for the next day, deliver patient A.M., Afternoon and P.M. snacks daily.
- Take no less than three Patient meals survey on Monday, Wednesday and Friday whenever the Office Administrative Assistant is absent. (If corrective action is needed communicate information to Cooks, Dietitian and Director to ensure that patient satisfaction is met.
- Assist with any other task in the department required.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Basic math skills
- The ability to read and write in English
- Follow oral and written instructions in English
- Use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point