Production Cook PT/Variable Schedule Wkends
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
- Reports to work in a regular and timely fashion.
- Performs all work on production sheets in a timely fashion so as to meet meal deadlines.
- Maintains personal hygiene and neatness according to departmental standards.
- Performs proper handwashing techniques according to departmental standards.
- Utilizes gloves according to departmental standards.
- Uses hair restraints according to departmental standards.
- Utilizes clean aprons, towels and bleach buckets as needed.
- Ensures that utensils and equipment are clean prior to using.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment after each use and between different food items.
- Wipes up spills after they occur in order to avoid accidents.
- Cleans cook boxes, coolers, kettles, steamers, ovens and production area daily.
- Uses correct cutting boards and sanitizes them between usages.
- Covers and dates food when storing to ensure freshness and safety.
- Checks all canned goods for damage and expiration date.
- Uses correct taste-test methods during food preparation, portioning out small amounts to taste.
- Opens kitchen.
- Unlocks coolers.
- Turns on ovens, steamer, warmer, plate and hot boxes.
- Retrieves production sheets each morning.
- Reviews and follows production sheets for preparation of meats, starches and breakfast items for all diets.
- Adheres to portion control by using proper utensils for measurement, scales and standardized recipes.
- Obtains stock from store room or coolers in order to set up for menu prep.
- Prepares all Cafeteria, Doctors’ Dining, Deli and special hot menu items for patient meal service.
- Prepares Women’s Center items according to production sheet.
- Sets up hot food areas of cafeteria according to established diagram layouts.
- Ensures hot food temperatures are within safe range and records temps at time of replenishing any food items.
- Keeps in constant communication with tray line supervisor in order to ensure food items are available and provide assistance as needed.
- Performs additional duties as required or assigned.
- Physical ability to perform designated job.
- At least 2 years’ experience in cooking in an institutional setting.
- High School graduate (Preferred)