Lab Assistant Part Time
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
You will be responsible for:
- Collects and processes specimens according to established protocols on all patient populations.
- Performs associated clerical and computer functions as required.
- Obtains blood specimens accurately and quickly using proper technique with attention to patient care and safety and promptly delivers specimens to the laboratory for the reporting of results.
- Correctly identifies patient and labels specimens according to procedure manual, 100% of the time, as observed by supervisor.
- Reports to the floor to obtain specimens according to urgency of request and promptly returns specimen to laboratory as observed by supervisor with no more than 4 variances per year.
- High school graduate or equivalence required.
- 3-6 months of experience in a hospital setting required.
- 1 year of experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- PBT(ASCP) or equivalent preferred.