MRI Tech PRN
Req #: 17012706
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists physicians and performs quality Radiographic procedures at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Work is stressful and heavy in nature. Moves Mobile X-ray equipment throughout hospital, lifts, turns and stoops while moving patients.
- Maintains radiation protection standards for patients, employees and self during exposures as outlined in the State of Texas Regulations for Control of Radiation.
- Establishes appropriate technical factors, positions patients properly, collimates to area of interest, utilizes proper film size and labels radiographs correctly.
- Utilizes lead-blockers, aprons, gloves and cones during exposures as evidenced by films and noted by supervisor.
- Administers appropriate diagnostic contrast media as directed, i.e., intravenous, oral, rectal, etc.
- Documents incidents, reactions and/or unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Identifies patient according to name band and verbally verifies name when possible.
- Stocks X-ray rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by supervisor.
- Accepts responsibilities in darkroom, office, distribution and filing of X-ray reports as required by work demand.
- Is active in process improvement for the Radiology Department.
- Properly performs scans in accordance with set procedure guidelines to aid in the patient's diagnosis at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Performs scans in timely manner, display required views, satisfactory positioning (assisting patient as needed) and taking additional views as deemed necessary from viewing routine images.
- Inspects films for satisfactory techniques and labeling prior to releasing patient and turning films in for interpretation.
- Recognizes artifacts as such, with ability to troubleshoot causes as needed and observed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates an ability to solve job-related problems such as equipment malfunctions, alternate patient positioning if needed, additional views and realization of equipment and patient limitations.
- Accepts responsibility for supervision of students as they rotate through assigned area.
- Regularly reviews the requisition received during the shift to schedule properly and most efficiently.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology and uses this knowledge.
- Regularly reviews the status of arriving patients to utilize equipment and time to maximum.
- Exhibits flexibility and willingness to make changes to improve quantity and quality of procedures as observed by supervisor.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Must have two-year college Associate Degree or ARRT certified.
- At least one-year experience as a registered ARRT and six months on-the-job MRI experience.
- Must be Registered ARRT technologist. Must be State licensed.