Monitor Technician Per Diem Days
Req #: 17008355
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting the RN and LVN in implementing and planning patient centered care for all assigned patients on the unit during his/her shift, according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center.
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, and coordination of activities, supplies (stock and non-stock) and equipment for the assigned unit. Manages communications, on line order entry and mnemonic charge entry.
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate medical records from admission through discharge.
- Promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and personnel of this and other departments.
- Responds to call lights and cardiac alarms reporting patient concerns, complaints, emergency situations to the registered nurse, LVN and/or Clinical Manager.
- Provide continuous observation of cardiac monitors, document and post rhythm strips. Communicate rhythm changes to R.N. in charge and/or primary nurse.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Understands the Computerized Physician Order Entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information.
- Understands computer downtime procedures
- Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
- Able to obtain and document vital signs on appropriate chart forms.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology.
- Successful completion of EKG course or successful completion of EKG test administered at CTMC.
- One year cardiac monitoring and or unit clerk experience desired.
- Current certificate in BCLS.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Knowledge of the Nursing Process, treatment and diagnostic methods for patients throughout the age spectrum.
- Must have some computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer system is desirable.