Certified Nurse Aide Night Full Time
Req #: 17009531
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Document personal care and patient care activities rendered.
- Communicate pertinent information to the Patient Care Supervisor, RN Case Manager and other team members.
- Participate in team meetings or review meetings as assigned.
- Participate in upgrading knowledge and skills through attendance at selected staff development programs.
- Attend in-service training as scheduled, but at least 12 hours annually.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Works weekends on a rotating basis as scheduled.
- Complete related tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for assisting the case manager in the implementation and planning of patient care according to the standards care of CTMC Home Health.
- Is able to perform basic CNA functions in all home settings.
- Acts as personal care provider by attending to ongoing patient needs including, but not limited to, vital signs, personal care, and ADL's. Performs duties under direction of licensed professional.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Successful graduate from an accredited nursing assistant program that includes a minimum of 75 clock hours of training (with a minimum of 51 classroom hours and 24 clock hours of clinical training).
- One year experience as a CNA in a long term care facility or hospital on a medical/surgical floor.
- Current certificate in C.P.R.
- Certified nursing assistant in the State of Texas.