Housekeeping Technician - Full Time Evenings
Req #: 17012976
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be responsible for job knowledge and abilities including understanding and applying policies and procedures, information received during orientation, on the job training and requests of supervisor.
- Completes assigned tasks consistently and accurately and understands the order in which they are to be done.
- Follows and understands instructions and seeks clarification of duties when needed.
- Understands importance of using and mixing chemicals safely and properly, is aware of safety hazards and uses chemicals according to label directions and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Selects and uses supplies correctly, safely and is not wasteful as observed by supervisor.
- Performs assigned tasks with efficiency despite repetitiveness and interruptions during scheduled work shift as noted by supervisor.
- Understands and follows isolation cleaning according to established procedures in order to assure proper infection control.
- Willingly performs other tasks as requested and noted by supervisor.
- Must be responsible for job quality and quantity including adherence to policies and procedures, accuracy, appearance of area and work completed.
- Completes assigned tasks with a high level of cleanliness.
- Responds immediately to stat and special cleaning, upon request from supervisor.
- Seeks additional work without waiting to be asked.
- Maintains janitor closet, and cleaning cart in a clean and orderly condition.
- Encourages and practices the Huguley Mission Statement and Standards of Behaviors
What you will need:
- Must be able to read and write English at an eighth grade level.
- Requires three-six months of on the job experience in housekeeping techniques or demonstrates willingness and ability to learn techniques required to do the job.
- Able to follow instructions and able to communicate verbally with peers and supervisors.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience preferred