Administrative Director Facilities
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
The Admin Dir, Engineering is responsible for providing leadership to Engineering, Construction, Property Management, Grounds, and Security and for management of human, material and financial resources. This leader is expected to role model the organization’s values of care, quality, stewardship, accountability, integrity and courtesy. They are expected to formulate a plan for operation of their departments that are in alignment with Florida Hospital Tampa vision core purpose/mission and which supports and is fully integrated with organizational strategic plan and operational goals and objectives. They will work collaboratively with other leaders within the center and throughout the Hospital to achieve department, center and hospital-wide quality, satisfaction and financial goals.
You will be responsible for:
- The Admin Dir, Engineering contributes to positive outcomes and meeting the cultural expectations of the organization by exhibiting professional behavior.
- The Admin Dir, Engineering shares responsibility for all aspects of team functions.
- The Admin Dir, Engineering oversees the Safety Officer and is responsible for Emergency Management, providing leadership management, and coordination related Engineering, Design and Construction Services for Florida Hospital Tampa.
- The Admin Dir, Engineering is also responsible for the Statement of Condition (SOC) for Florida Hospital Tampa on an ongoing basis to meet the Environment of Care Standard (EOC) as part of the TJC requirements.
- The Admin Dir, Engineering performs other duties as assigned.
What will you need?
- Experience at preparing RFPs and budgets from small to major projects is necessary.
- Required knowledge of AHCA regulations, The Joint Commission and NFPA standards, and other applicable codes of the healthcare industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems with the ability to read, understand and implement Life Safety Code standards of building construction.
- Excellent organizational, oral and mathematical skills including the ability to understand and interpret statistical data.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints, drawings, floor plans and schedules as they relate to electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC equipment, building structures and finishes.
- 7-15 Years managerial experience in a Healthcare, Construction and Engineering Environment.
- Good communication skills and leadership ability.
- AHCA experience required.
- Knowledge of blueprints and ability to price/negotiate construction projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use various instruments, machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties.
- Engineering degree (preferred)