Facilities & Engineering Manager
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
You will be responsible for:
- Adheres to FL Hospital standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrate collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of services.
- Demonstrate through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, and Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Constantly mentor, develop and engage staff. Also promotes a good working relationship with staff and hospital departments.
- Ensures that all areas of responsibility is well-organized, with adequate space allocated for machine, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning and maintenance; organizes the department to facilitate maximal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for reviewing and/or conducting employee appraisals, counseling, and discipline on all personnel within the area(s) of responsibility.
- Actively participates as a member of the Safety Team and Safety Utilities Committee.
- Work with Department Director on departmental goals and objectives, policies, procedures, budgets, and long-range plans to ensure that all assigned areas meet operational goals including adequate productivity, budget, and efficiency levels.
- Ensure that areas of responsibility follow all regulatory guidelines and safety procedures related to their tasks as assigned including Joint Commission, AHCA and OSHA standards.
- Implements programs to maintain systems in accordance with regulations and administrative guidelines.
- Coordinates projects with private contractors, engineers, and architects, as well as Hospital Design & Construction Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned, to include adjusting one’s schedule of work if necessary for the continued safety or convenience of our guests and/or staff.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains unit based certification, attends 75% of unit staff meeting, acts as designated preceptor, acts as designated resource, member of professional engineering organization, attains required certifications, attends EPC, EOCC committees, Safety Officer duties, and member of shared governance council.
What will you need?
- Must be proficient with computerized work order system and be able to pull reports to maintain efficient repairs and preventive maintenance program in accordance with city, state, OSHA, JCAHO, AHCA, and FL Hospital guidelines.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. (Preferred)
- Minimum High School/GED with associated work experience considered, with a minimum of five (5) years in management.
- General Knowledge of Hospital maintenance areas.
- B.S. Degree (Preferred)