Supervisor Environmental Services
Req #: 17012907
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Environmental Services
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the activities of employees in their assigned areas and reports issues to the Department Director, when necessary.
- Coordinates discharge assignments using the ESCt (Environmental Services Computer tools) computer program.
- Makes daily rounds to determine that department personnel are working in their assigned areas as outlined by work assignments.
- Equalizes and adjusts the departmental workload when short staffed.
- Monitor and correct time and attendance, document and present attendance and clocking error notifications to staff and report to the department Director.
- Responds and resolves service complaints in a timely manner.
- Interviews, hires, coaches, provides retraining, conducts disciplinary actions, and terminations when required in accordance with hospital policy and under the review and oversight of the Director of Environmental Services.
- Prepares and presents In-services and department orientation.
- Documents employee positive and negative work performance for evaluations on a daily basis. Prepares and conducts yearly evaluations.
- Coordinates department key control policy on a daily basis.
- Prepares employee assignment schedules accurately and on time. Timely communication between supervisor and employees also occurs when employees must be re-assigned to other areas.
- Prepares project reports and other documentation for “reporting outline form” in regular scheduled meetings with Director.
- Consistently plans time to increase knowledge in Environmental Service field and Management skills.
- Conducts regular rounding meetings with employees, sharing new ideas and concerns with peers and Director.
- Inspects assigned work areas using Quality Control forms, correcting items immediately with employee. Identifies trends and makes action plans for corrections.
- Works on special projects and committees as requested by the Director.
- Participates in leadership meetings by completing projects assigned and giving feedback. Comes to meetings prepared and on time.
- Completes daily patient rounding as assigned by the Director.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in healthcare Environmental Services field, with one year of management level experience
- Able to follow instructions and to communicate verbally with peers and supervisors.
- Mathematical skills are needed to develop schedules and prepare daily reports
- Proven knowledge of HCAHPS requirements as they relate to Environmental ServicesMust have demonstrated leadership potential and good communication skills