HIM Documentation Imaging Specialist PRN
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Prepares inpatient medical record documents for real-time scanning, rounds on assigned nursing units up to twice per day, ensuring new documentation added to the medical record is scanned as close to real time as possible.
- Reviews each electronic inpatient and outpatient medical record for completeness, adequacy, and accuracy, according to department policies and procedures.
- Reviews each scanned record for accuracy and clearness of the scanned product.
- Scans all new documentation received and loose paperwork on the nursing units for inpatient and in the HIM department for outpatient records.
- At discharge, ensures patient’s complete, scanned medical record is retrieved from the file cabinet and forwarded to the HIM Department as soon as possible after the discharge of the patient.
- Sets priorities and demonstrates effective organizational skills by optimizing use of time, meeting deadlines, and completing scanning on assigned nursing unit (s) by end of shift each day.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
- Submits ideas for cost savings to HIM Leadership for departmental or hospital savings.
What will you need?
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of computerized information systems.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical record format, and content for all visit types.
- Ability to examine a form and determine its proper placement within the record.
- Knowledgeable of security and confidentiality requirements pertaining to protected health information.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- High School graduate or equivalent with GED
- Basic Computer Data Entry Experience
- Associate Degree (preferred)
- Experience with health information electronic medical records system (preferred)