Certified Medical Assistant ENT Office Gordon Hospital
Req #: 17012756
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.Qualifications
The Certified Medical Assistant works under the direct supervision of the physician, mid-level licensed provider, and in cooperation with other office staff in assisting with safe and effective patient care in compliance with established standards and protocols of Gordon Physicians Group, Gordon Hospital, and Adventist Health Systems’ goals and objectives.
The back-office floater works in various practices across the medical group and is responsible for supporting primary care as well as specialty providers.
Responsible for routine back office functions including the maintenance of patient flow, exam room preparation and turnover, bringing patients back to exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
Responsible for retrieving, routing, and assisting with provider/nurse messages in regard to patient telephone calls, messages, and call backs; appointment scheduling; and prescription refills as directed by the physician and/or provider.
Additional responsibilities include clinical compliance in sterilization techniques, sample medication oversight and compliance, OSHA requirements, and any other compliance standards required within the clinical realm of the practice.
You will be responsible for:
- Places the patients in the examining room ensuring they are as comfortable as possible.
- Performs EHR intake entry by going over medication lists, allergies, and other pertinent information required by the provider.
- Assists Physicians/Providers with examination and treatment of patient and is always accessible to them.
- Assists physicians and/or PA/CNP in office surgeries using appropriate sterile procedure guidelines to ensure non-contamination of sterile field. Sets up procedure equipment and/or appropriate procedure/surgical instrument tray.
- Performs phlebotomy and laboratory tests as required by the physicians or physician assistants and in accordance to state and federal regulations, including CLIA.
- Screens telephone calls for the Physicians/Providers.
- May answer routine patient inquiries with respect to medical questions within the limits of knowledge, as directed by Physician/Provider, and clinic policy.
- Performs triage duties according to practice protocols and as scheduled by the Clinical Supervisor.
- Ensures that all equipment in exam room is clean and properly set up prior to each patient encounter.
What will you need?
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and graduation from a vocational or other technical school with training or apprenticeship.
- BLS/CPR certification is required
- Certification as medical assistant required through CMS recognized certification organization such the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Minimum six (6) months customer service experience in medical office.