Nutrition Services Worker Food and Nutrition Services FT Days
Req #: 17012403
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Understands and adheres to all food safety/sanitation standards related to the position.
- Demonstrates proper sanitation procedures related to hand washing (when, how), hair restraints, gloves (single use), ice machine procedures.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of infectious diseases that relate to cleaning, use of hand sanitizers and hand washing.
- Understands cleaning chemicals and their properties as they relate to their position including Quat sanitizer standards and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper cleaning and sanitizing; removing debris from surface, sanitizing work area properly.
- Understands kitchen hazards (burns, cuts, slips & falls, PPE) and ensures a safe working environment by following training/safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of food temperature danger zone.
- Ensures all products are labeled, dated, rotated properly for first in first out.
- Demonstrates safety guidelines in the kitchen including knowledge of emergency exits, fire extinguisher use, and emergency preparedness.
- Demonstrates organization, time management and multi-tasking skills necessary to produce food items to be ready for service.
- Demonstrates consistency in following job specific routines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to perform job functions and personal interactions.
- Is able to use all communication tools and methods necessary to complete required tasks.
- Understands recipes/production sheets/guides sheets and is able to adjust based on patient census or other variables.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safe internal food temperatures.
- Identifies problems in a timely manner to the Team Leader, Chef or Manager as appropriate.
- Ensures prompt response to requests for products and follows up if delays or product availability problems are identified.
- Assumes additional responsibilities to support team efforts when necessary.
- Produces quality food (flavor, appearance, temperature) following standardized recipes in a timely manner.
- Ensures all food prior to and during service is evaluated for optimal food quality including taste testing.
- Maintains professional behavior and appearance at all times in the workplace through grooming, dress, language and non-verbal behavior.
What will you need?
- No Previous Experience is Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
- Previous food service experience desirable Preferred