Ultrasound Tech PRN
Req #: 17012914
Location: DeLand, FL
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Florida Hospital DeLand
Per Diem Variable
Florida Hospital DeLand
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ in our community.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Performs Ultrasound studies.
- Positions patients and equipment, manipulates transducers and technical factors in order to obtain images, heart rates, waveforms and other information as needed to obtain optimum images and information for diagnostic purposes.
- Notes velocities, measures structures and documents adequate clinical history as needed for accurate interpretation by Radiologist.
- Performs ultrasound Imaging procedures of abdominal, and pelvis structures, as well as OB and trans-vaginal ultrasound. Performs small parts (Thyroid, testicular), and breast imaging as well as vascular imaging, and Doppler studies.
- Coordinates equipment service and preventative maintenance.
- Sterilize transducers as needed.
- Responsibility to adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies
What will you need?
- Must have detailed knowledge of ultrasound physics as well as cross-sectional and vascular anatomy and Doppler techniques in order to perform independent procedures to Radiologist standards.
- Must be able to use computer system for data entry and retrieval.
- Patient care and communication skills as needed to deal with patients from infant through geriatric age groups.
- Contacts with patient, patients’ families, physicians and employees require a disposition that is calming, professional and not easily provoked. Voice must be pleasant in face-to-face and telephone conversations. Has extremely intimate contact with patient during many procedures. Must be able to deal with sensitive issues in a calm and professional manner. Must be able to communicate well regarding procedure, and since examination is frequently visible to patient, deal with patient questions regarding the study, particularly for such studies as fetal ultrasounds
- BLS required.
- Must be ARDMS certified or eligible; non-licensed staff members must complete ARDMS requirements within 12 months of employment.
- Certification in abdomen, OB/GYN and Vascular preferred.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience required as needed to work without supervision.