Registered Nurse Cardiology Cath Lab Full Time Days $10000 Sign on and Relocation Available
Req #: 17013066
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
What you will be responsible for:
- Utilizes knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective patient care:
- Identifies the total needs of the patients
- Ensures proper procedure and precautions are followed
- Plans for and maintains a clean, orderly, and safe environment for the patient
- Carries out those activities delegated by the physician, which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures
- Demonstrates the ability to learn and practice new techniques and equipment utilization by attending training sessions and familiarizing self with new procedure revisions as they occur
- Documentation of patient care:
- Prepares designated forms and records pertinent information of records
- Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient’s condition during procedure and reports to the appropriate person
- Prepares patient (preps and shaves) in a timely fashion and notifies physician promptly
- Facilitates implementation of physician’s orders accurately, promptly, and courteously
- Files all patient data and films in accordance with established department system on a daily basis
Infection control procedures:
- Assists with the cleaning of rooms
- Cares for specimens properly and handles their disposal correctly
- Adheres to approve standards of aseptic technique during a cardiac catheterization and special procedures, utilizing equipment and supplies in a safe and prudent manner
- Transportation of patients:
- Transports patients from and to his or her room and gives report to the unit nurse
- Moves, lifts, assist patients appropriately to procedures table and provides for maximum privacy during procedure
- Radiation safety:
- Uses radiation protection devices as appropriate for protection of operator and patient
- Demonstrates and practices proper protection measures to insure radiation safety to self, fellow employees, visitors and physicians
- Will maintain and control radiation badges.
- Performance improvement:
- Assist in collecting and documenting quality improvement data and leads all performance improvement activities
- Assist with providing for in-service training of professional personnel
- Instructs and assists staff technologist in procedure room as necessary
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to operate, problem-solve and improvise common equipment malfunctions
- Makes sound judgment in referring situations beyond his/her ability and/or scope of authority to the proper person
- Communicates effectively and frequently with team members to share information and solve problems in a positive manner as observed by manager/director
- Establishes appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Provides individualized goal directed nursing care to patients in the cath lab, utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
- Documents on all hospital approved forms as per unit and hospital standards.
- Maintains a professional rapport with physicians, patients, and families. Utilizes communication skills appropriate to age-specific needs.
- Provides the necessary and appropriate education to the patient and family from admission through discharge in the cath lab.
- Provides general supervision and guidance of permanent licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel and temporary nursing personnel i.e. – RN, LPN, PCT. CNA, U.S./M.T. in the job functions for the delivery of safe, therapeutic and quality patient care outcomes.
- Provides competent and compassionate care to the patient with pain according to policy.
- Maintains a safe patient care environment.
- Demonstrates ability to administer medications as ordered: PO, SQ, IV, IV PUSH, IVPB, IM, SL, PR, topical, and intradermal accurately and appropriately.
- Responds and participates in unit and hospital code situations. Utilizes knowledge and experience to treat the patient according to the standards of BLS and ACLS protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to provide safe, competent nursing care for the patient requiring oxygen supplementation or support.
- Demonstrates ability to administer, adjust and monitor response to IV medication infusions and IV medications in a safe, competent and independent manner.
- Admits, transfers and discharges patients to and from the cath lab in a professional and competent manner.
- Verifies and signs off physician orders on all cath/specials patients.
- Obtains lab specimens as ordered and per policy and procedure.
- Accepts reassignment to a level of care deemed competent in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Documents data, action, and response as per focus documentation standards.
- Accompanies patients as assigned for transport to other facilities, hospitals, or procedures as appropriate.
Availability of services:
- May be required to work longer than regularly scheduled shift when situation requires
- Will be required to take on call on a regular basis including weekends
- May be required to assist in areas other than regularly assigned areas as needed
- Function in accordance with specific policies and procedures within the scope of services for all patient populations unless specified otherwise; adolescent, adult and geriatric for the Special Procedures Department and upon the order of the medical staff.
- Performs other tasks and related duties as assigned including: departmental charges; inventory
What you will need:
- One-year hospital experience preferred.
- Internship and/or preceptorship required dependent upon nursing experience.
- Active Florida RN license required.
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is to be obtained in specific nursing units.