Nurse Tech -M/S Medical Unit w/Telemetry PRN Nights
Req #: 17012166
Location: Orange City, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
M/S MEDICAL UNIT W/TELEMETRY Per Diem Nights
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!
You will be responsible for:
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities of daily living. Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Performs the basic general patient care routines and tasks in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize, prioritize and complete the various tasks duties and routines of a busy patient care workload in a timely manner.
- Notifies the Department Nurse Manager or shift Clinical Leader and the appropriate Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse of any deviation from routine or assigned tasks for assistance and review.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, facility and interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence in communicating and providing basic are to the following age specific patient populations: the geriatric patient, the adult patient and the adolescent patient in a caring, compassionate manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to provide care to the following scope of patients, but not limited to, the medical patient, the orthopedic patient, the pre and post-surgical patient, and the telemetry monitored patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge, competence and compassion in the care of patients with pain. Observes for and provides age appropriate comfort measures to all patients within the scope of practice.
- Communicates all observed (verbal and nonverbal) and reported complaints of pain to the appropriate nurse and charge nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient admissions, transfers, discharges, pre-ops and post-ops patients per hospital routines.
- Notifies charge nurse and nurse promptly upon completion of admission, transfer/discharge of patient.
- Assists the licensed nurse with the transferring of patients to other health care facilities. Copies appropriate parts of the patient’s medical record needed for transfer or discharge.
What will you need?
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required
- Must be currently enrolled in an approved school of nursing program
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support Card