Medical Assistant Prairie Village FT Days
Req #: 17013136
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Full Time, Days
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and newest campus at SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Performs timely, accurate, and thorough completion of medical documentation upon patient intake (including identified standards for documentation – i.e. mammogram, colonoscopy, smoking, etc.).
- Gives immunizations.
- Utilizes computer/computer software for pertinent patient documentation, providing documentation to patient as needed (i.e. patient plan). This includes pertinent training as necessary from time to time.
- Participates in group huddles to assure continuity of care.
- Performs timely management of patient needs/requests (including phone calls) in accordance both with policy and established standards.
- Maintains pertinent logs of work performed as detailed by Clinic Manager/Director.
- Adheres to clinic specific competencies.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association with at least 6 months active upon hire