Registered Nurse Diabetes Education Specialist Full Time
Req #: 17013215
Job Category: Diabetes/Wellness
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Provides inpatient consultation for diabetes management and evaluation in collaboration with the primary care nurse.
- Collaborates with Case Management on continuity of care related to glycemic management.
- Documents assessment data and clinical recommendations grounded in evidence based practice.
- Assists with coordination of diabetes education for all clinical staff, including physicians.
- Provides diabetes management and care orientation to new staff and students.
- Functions as a resource, mentor and clinical expert on diabetes management for the hospital.
- Participates as a member of the Glycemic Management Ad Hoc Team.
- Assists with reviewing and disseminating diabetes program quality improvement and outcomes data.
- Flexes schedule when needed in absence of other Education Team Members
- Maintains calendars utilizing Microsoft Outlook.
- Assists in managing Conference Room schedules on Microsoft Outlook; proactively identifies conflicts and resolves.
What you will need:
- In-depth knowledge of current diabetes treatments and management; inpatient and outpatient populations.
- Excellent customer service, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications preferred: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Works independently and demonstrates flexibility.
- Demonstrates professional speaking, presentation and written skills.
- Proven record of competence in staff and patient teaching.
- Must be fluent in the English language to understand and communicate with patient population.
- Registered Nurse in state of Florida
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with current diabetes treatments and management with inpatient and out-patient populations.
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida required (if RN).
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or Board Certified - Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) required. Must provide proof of CDE certification or ability to obtain in 6 months.
- Must have current AHA BLS certification.
- Customer Service competence
- Clinical competence
- Mission-focused competence