Radiologic Technologist PRN
Req #: 17012350
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: FH North Pinellas
Florida Hospital North Pinellas
You will be responsible for:
- Collects pertinent data about the patient and the procedure. Uses consistent and appropriate techniques to gather relevant information from the medical record, significant others and health care providers. The collection of information is determined by the patient needs or condition.
- Reconfirms patient identification and verifies the procedure requested or prescribed
- Verifies patient pregnancy status when appropriate.
- Determines whether the patient has been appropriately prepared for the procedure.
- Measures patient size when needed.
- Selects KVP, MA and Time when needed. Selects proper focal film distance to obtain satisfactory radiographs.
- Elicits confidence and cooperation from the patient, the public and health care providers by providing timely communication and effective instruction.
- Provides accurate explanations and instructions at an appropriate time and at a level the patient can understand.
- Addresses and documents patient questions and concerns regarding the procedure when appropriate.
- Refers questions about diagnosis, treatment or prognosis to the patient’s physician.
- Consults with other departments such as patient transportation, nursing, scheduling and registration for patient services.
- Develops collaborative partnerships with other health care providers in the interest of diagnostic and therapeutic quality and cost effectiveness and safety.
- Monitors the patient’s physical condition during the procedure
- Reviews images to determine if additional images will enhance the diagnostic value of the procedure.
- Documents diagnostic, therapeutic and patient data in the RIS and PACS. Documentation must be timely, accurate, concise and complete.
- Maintains cleanliness and general orderliness of the examination room, radiographic equipment and processing areas.
- Reports deficiencies and malfunctions to the Imaging Services Manager.
- Uses radiation restrictive devices on all examinations.
- Uses protective lead aprons during procedures when appropriate.
- Utilizes gonadal shielding when appropriate.
- Wears TLD badges daily.
- Reviews quarterly radiation exposure reports.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills required to collect and document data related to physical, psychosocial and developmental stages and complete interventions according to Radiology procedures.
- Communicates with patient/parent/guardian/significant other regarding procedural issues and/or concerns based on level of comprehension, understanding and readiness to learn.
- Maintains a safe environment utilizing appropriate equipment and safety devices, based on patient’s age and level of cognition.
- Performs Radiological procedures utilizing approaches and equipment appropriate to patient’s age and size.
- Provides educational support based on patient’s Radiological procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills of radiation safety parameters pertinent to Radiological procedures.
- Provides Radiographic procedures to all patients regardless of age, race or sex. Patient population includes patients of all ages from newborn through the geriatric population
- Assures that all patient films are properly identified.
- Uses R & L lead markers on all patient films.
- Verifies correct exam ordered on requisition by comparing to physician order in chart or on prescription. Brings any discrepancies to attention of Lead Technologist or Imaging Services Manager.
- Reviews all images taken for technical quality and repeats images as necessary.
What will you need?
- Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
- Current ARRT certification.
- Current Florida State license in Radiologic Technology.
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Bachelor’s Radiologic Sciences (Preferred)
- 1-3 years hospital staff technologist experience. (Preferred)