Nutrition Service Ambassador Food and Nutrition Services Relief Evenings
Req #: 17012582
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Assists in nutritional care of patients with emphasis on hospitality.
- Delivers meals to patients in a professional, cheerful, caring manner to ensure that patient is very satisfied with their meals and service; instructs patient on meal ordering system; assist patient in placing meal orders; provides non-clinical information to patient regarding modified diets; and transports patient/child care tray carts.
- Understands and adheres to all food safety/sanitation standards related to the position.
- Demonstrates safety guidelines in the kitchen including knowledge of emergency exits, fire extinguisher use, and emergency preparedness.
- Understands and demonstrates proper use and cleaning techniques of all equipment necessary to perform functions of the job.
- Identifies problems in a timely manner to the Team Leader, Chef or Manager as appropriate.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service to patients and responds promptly to patient needs.
What will you need?
High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
Previous food service experience Desirable