Nurse Manager Pre-Surgery FT Days
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today at https://ahs.taleo.net/careersection/95flagler/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&src=cws-10380Qualifications
- Responsible for managing all personnel on nursing unit(s).
- Conducts interviews and hires best qualified candidate to fill vacancies. Candidates can be new employees or transfers within the facilities.
- Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
- Performs annual employee appraisals on all unit staff.
- Identifies needed areas of improvement throughout year.
- Collaborates with Director to determine disciplinary action and action plans for improvement
- Monitors budget on an ongoing basis and completes monthly budget variance analysis within established timeframe.
- Makes patient rounds on routine basis to assess, problem solve, and provide customer service
- BSN Required
- Three (3) years of nursing experience required.
- One (1) year minimum supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership and management ability preferred.
- Active Florida RN license required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification