Registered Nurse Case Manager PRN
Req #: 17012998
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Case Management
Organization: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Conveniently located in beautiful north Tampa, just a short drive from Tampa International Airport on Dale Mabry Highway is Florida Hospital Carrollwood. We are proud to offer our neighbors advanced, compassionate care in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art environment.
Our campus features our main hospital, an educational auditorium, a 20,000-sqaure-foot medical office building and another brand-new 54,000-square-foot medical office facility.
You will be responsible for:
- SERVICE: Patient satisfaction scores meet organizational goals, HCAHPS Discharge Planning question percentile target score. Strive to provide excellence in service to hospital staff, patients and families. Consistently utilize 5 fundamentals of AIDET Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank you. Committed to working as a team to improve Employee satisfaction and engagement scores.
- PESONNEL: Demonstrate care for one another and respect for each person’s unique contributions, provides utilization review care that is non-judgmental and non-discriminatory. Demonstrates respect for human dignity and self-worth. Respects patient privacy, confidentiality, and dignity by adherence to all HIPAA regulations. Maintains a professional appearance and manner.
- FINANCE: Consider factors related to patient safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of Case Management services. Strives to reduce Medicare and ALOS below established benchmarks. Assess appropriateness of setting as indicated for medical necessity according to the approved InterQual ISD criteria. Initial and concurrent clinical reviews contain needed elements to sufficiently support. Utilizes InterQual®ISD & or Milliman criteria to ensure appropriate level of care settings. Passes Annual Inter-Rater reliability testing for InterQual®. Inpatient, Observation or Outpatient in a bed admission status.
- OUTCOMES: Introduces self to patient/family within 24 to 48 hours of identification of high risk criteria or referral for specified populations and explain CM role. Complete discharge planning screening tool within 24 to 48 hours for patients with high risk criteria, and cases received by referral. Provide Parent/Patient/ Guardian/ Significant Other with discharge planning education/instruction based on assessed education level, barriers to learning and learning preferences to assure a positive discharge outcome. Strives to reduce the Medicare & ALOS to below established benchmarks. Strives to reduce the number of observation cases and the number of hours patients remain in observation status. Ensures appropriate referral of cases to EHR for second level review.
- GROWTH: Identifies and updates current information on community resources. Maintains knowledge of current managed care contracts, federal statutes, regulations and procedures. Applies them in performance of review activities. Enhances professional knowledge & development through participation in educational programs and in-service meetings. Stays current with journal articles etc. Completes annual mandatory education, attend and contributes to 95% of staff meetings.
What will you need?
- Application of InterQual® Criteria set.
- Assessment competency and knowledge application for all ages from newborn to geriatric.
- Assessment competency for appropriate use of hospital services and care coordination.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Specific Degree/Major: Nursing.
- One year experience in Case Management in an acute care environment.
- Current license of registered nurse in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application of eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- BSN (Preferred)
- Greater than three years’ experience. (Preferred)
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully accomplish the assigned duties and responsibilities of the position. (Preferred)
- Case Management Certification (Preferred)